CIA chief kicks off India visit, meets NSA
New Delhi: CIA chief Leon E Panetta on Saturday met National Security Advisor M K Narayanan and discussed issues relating to the presence of terror groups in neighbouring Pakistan and Afghanistan and their impact on India.
Panetta, who arrived here late last night after his visit to Pakistan, had a nearly 30-minute long meeting with Narayanan, who later accompanied Prime Minister to the US.
Sources said they discussed presence of terror groups
in Pakistan and Afghanistan and ways to further strengthen the
cooperation between India and the US in sharing real-time
The discussions included other issues of mutual
The visiting American intelligence chief will also be meeting his Indian counterpart K C Verma, who heads the RAW and also the Intelligence Bureau Chief Rajeev Mathur during his three-day visit to India.
He is also expected to meet Home Minister P Chidambaram
as well as Home Secretary G K Pillai, they said.
The sister agency of the CIA in the US -- FBI -- is
probing the role of US citizen David Headley and Pakistani-
Canadian citizen Tahawwur Rana in plotting terror strikes in
the US and India.
The cooperation between the two sides in the Headley
probe was mentioned during the meeting, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’