CIC order for info on CBI director stayed by HC
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has stayed a
Central Information Commission order asking the Central Bureau
of Investigation to make public the file notings on
appointment of its Director AP Singh and also the properties
of its officials in Mumbai and Delhi and their sources of
income for the last 10 years.
Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw stayed the CIC order on a
CBI plea and issued notice to Bhilwara-based transparency
activist SS Ranawat to respond to CBI plea for scrapping the
CIC order issued on his RTI application.
The court slated the matter for next hearing on January
25 next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui