CIC order for info on CBI director stayed by HC
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has stayed a
Central Information Commission order asking the Central Bureau
of Investigation to make public the file notings on
appointment of its Director AP Singh and also the properties
of its officials in Mumbai and Delhi and their sources of
income for the last 10 years.
Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw stayed the CIC order on a
CBI plea and issued notice to Bhilwara-based transparency
activist SS Ranawat to respond to CBI plea for scrapping the
CIC order issued on his RTI application.
The court slated the matter for next hearing on January
25 next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Rajya Sabha accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- Swachh Bharat mission fails March 2016 urban-trash targets
- Land reforms fail, 5% of India’s farmers control 32 percent land
- Five indicators of India's looming demographic disaster
- 13 Indians died in Pakistan jails since 2013, India calls for thorough investigation