CIC order for info on CBI director stayed by HC
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has stayed a
Central Information Commission order asking the Central Bureau
of Investigation to make public the file notings on
appointment of its Director AP Singh and also the properties
of its officials in Mumbai and Delhi and their sources of
income for the last 10 years.
Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw stayed the CIC order on a
CBI plea and issued notice to Bhilwara-based transparency
activist SS Ranawat to respond to CBI plea for scrapping the
CIC order issued on his RTI application.
The court slated the matter for next hearing on January
25 next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire