CIC order for info on CBI director stayed by HC
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has stayed a
Central Information Commission order asking the Central Bureau
of Investigation to make public the file notings on
appointment of its Director AP Singh and also the properties
of its officials in Mumbai and Delhi and their sources of
income for the last 10 years.
Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw stayed the CIC order on a
CBI plea and issued notice to Bhilwara-based transparency
activist SS Ranawat to respond to CBI plea for scrapping the
CIC order issued on his RTI application.
The court slated the matter for next hearing on January
25 next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt