CIC order penalising CBI officer on Chatwal stayed
New Delhi: The Delhi HIgh Court on Thursday stayed
the CIC`s order imposing a fine of Rs 7000 on one of CBI
officials for delaying information sought by a transparency
activist about the reasons for closing a bank fraud case
against NRI hotelier Sant Singh Chatwal.
Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw issued a notice to RTI
applicant Krishnanand Tripathy on a plea by CBI challenging
the CIC order imposing the penalty on its officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends