CIC summons CISF over sexual harassment case
New Delhi: The CIC has summoned Central
Industrial Security Force (CISF) officials over their refusal
to give details regarding cases of corruption and sexual
harassment registered against its personnel.
A notice has been issued to the Central Public
Information Officer and the Appellate Authority of the
paramilitary force to appear before the transparency watchdog
on November two with all relevant documents on the matter.
In its reply to an RTI query, the CISF said that 261
cases of corruption and sexual harassment were registered
against its personnel between 2001 and 2010 but refused to
give information including their names, designation, details
of the case and action taken report.
Of the 261 cases, 223 were related to corruption and 38
regarding sexual harassment, the reply said.
The paramilitary force had cited Section 8 (1) (J) of the
RTI Act and said that the details sought "relate to personal
information and it would cause unwarranted invasion of the
privacy of the individual".
This section bars information which relates to personal
information the disclosure of which has no relationship to any
public activity or interest, or which would cause unwarranted
invasion of the privacy of the individual unless the larger
public interest justifies its disclosure.
The highest number of 56 graft cases were registered in
2008, followed by 52 in 2009, 49 in 2007 and 27 in last year.
Besides, 16 corruption cases were filed in 2006, ten were
reported in 2005 and three in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves