CIC summons CISF over sexual harassment case
New Delhi: The CIC has summoned Central
Industrial Security Force (CISF) officials over their refusal
to give details regarding cases of corruption and sexual
harassment registered against its personnel.
A notice has been issued to the Central Public
Information Officer and the Appellate Authority of the
paramilitary force to appear before the transparency watchdog
on November two with all relevant documents on the matter.
In its reply to an RTI query, the CISF said that 261
cases of corruption and sexual harassment were registered
against its personnel between 2001 and 2010 but refused to
give information including their names, designation, details
of the case and action taken report.
Of the 261 cases, 223 were related to corruption and 38
regarding sexual harassment, the reply said.
The paramilitary force had cited Section 8 (1) (J) of the
RTI Act and said that the details sought "relate to personal
information and it would cause unwarranted invasion of the
privacy of the individual".
This section bars information which relates to personal
information the disclosure of which has no relationship to any
public activity or interest, or which would cause unwarranted
invasion of the privacy of the individual unless the larger
public interest justifies its disclosure.
The highest number of 56 graft cases were registered in
2008, followed by 52 in 2009, 49 in 2007 and 27 in last year.
Besides, 16 corruption cases were filed in 2006, ten were
reported in 2005 and three in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Bankruptcy law credit positive for banks: Moody's
- Indonesia's Mount Sinabung continues eruption
- Congress, BJP quote Mirza Ghalib to spar over Modi govt's two years in power
- Renault forays into pre-owned car biz in India
- When Luna the husky demanded belly rubs during car ride – Watch the adorable moment!