CID arrests Vanzara, Dinesh in Prajapati encounter case
Ahmedabad: The state CID today arrested
suspended IPS officers D G Vanzara and Dinesh M N, in
connection with the Tulsi Prajapati encounter case of 2006.
Vanzara and Dinesh M N were arrested from the Sabarmati
Central Jail here as they are already behind bars in
Soharabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
"Vanzara and Dinesh are accused in the Tulsi Prajapati
case. They will now be produced before Danta court where the
case is registered for obtaining their remand," CID
investigating officer in Prajapati case, R K Patel told PTI.
Their custody was needed for further probe into the
killing of Prajapati, a key witness in the Sohrabuddin fake
encounter case of 2005, Patel said.
At the time of Prajapati`s encounter in November 2006
Vanzara was Border Range IG Gujarat, and Dinesh was the SP
Vanzara and Dinesh are lodged in Sabarmati Central Jail
in Sobrabuddin fake encounter case being probed by the CBI,
after directions from the Supreme Court early this year.
The CID arrested the duo after they were granted
permission by the special CBI court yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Three candidates interviewed for SBI's MD post
- Awards are an inspiration to work harder: Amaal Mallik
- Former Real Madrid Galactico Michel Salgado signs for the Premier Futsal league
- Rate of inflation slower than in UPA times: PM Narendra Modi
- 2016 Canada Open: Jwala Gutta-Ashwini Ponappa pair eyes title ahead of Rio Games