CID arrests Vanzara, Dinesh in Prajapati encounter case
Ahmedabad: The state CID today arrested
suspended IPS officers D G Vanzara and Dinesh M N, in
connection with the Tulsi Prajapati encounter case of 2006.
Vanzara and Dinesh M N were arrested from the Sabarmati
Central Jail here as they are already behind bars in
Soharabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
"Vanzara and Dinesh are accused in the Tulsi Prajapati
case. They will now be produced before Danta court where the
case is registered for obtaining their remand," CID
investigating officer in Prajapati case, R K Patel told PTI.
Their custody was needed for further probe into the
killing of Prajapati, a key witness in the Sohrabuddin fake
encounter case of 2005, Patel said.
At the time of Prajapati`s encounter in November 2006
Vanzara was Border Range IG Gujarat, and Dinesh was the SP
Vanzara and Dinesh are lodged in Sabarmati Central Jail
in Sobrabuddin fake encounter case being probed by the CBI,
after directions from the Supreme Court early this year.
The CID arrested the duo after they were granted
permission by the special CBI court yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre