CISF commandos undergoing training in MP for C`Wealth Games
Khargone: In order to provide foolproof
security cover during the Commonwealth Games in Delhi, Central
Industrial Security Force commandos are undergoing vigorous
training at the CISF training centre near Barwah town in the
"Nearly 1500 commandos are being trained to handle
security during the Commonwealth Games scheduled to be held in
Delhi from October 3-14," CISF Deputy Inspector General of
Police (DIG) B N Bhattacharya said today.
A total of 8,500 players belonging to 11 countries will
take part in 17 events during the Commonwealth Games and
providing foolproof security to them is a major challenge
before the force, he said.
The commandos are being specially trained to handle
modern weapons to deal with any terrorism-related incident and
mob-control drill among others, he said.
Bhattacharya said at present 1403 trainees were given
basic training and 95 STF commandos including 23 women and 43
short commandos are undergoing training at the centre here and
they all will be deployed for making the Commonwealth Games a
The government, especially the Sports Ministry is
concerned about providing security during the Commonwealth
Games and therefore the commandos were going through a
rigorous training schedule to handle any eventuality, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'