CISF DIG`s wife becomes target of pickpockets at Delhi mall
New Delhi: The wife of a senior CISF
official has become a victim of pickpockets in the capital
when she along with her husband went to a shopping mall,
police said today.
The incident took place in Select City Mall in south
Delhi`s Saket on Sunday when the couple went there for
shopping, a senior police official said.
The victim has been identified as Vandana, an officer
with Indian Railways. Her husband Ajay Bhatnagar is an IPS
officer posted with the CISF as a Deputy Inspector General.
"The couple had gone to the mall on Sunday. Vandana had
her credit card and Rs 5,500 picked from her purse during
shopping," the official said.
They noticed that Vandana`s purse was open when they
approached near a shop. They got suspicious and checked it
only to find that they have lost the credit card and the cash,
the official said.
A case has been registered and further investigations are
In a similar incident, the identity card and other
belongings of a woman probationary IPS officer was stolen when
she was visiting the same mall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video