CISF rewards `honest` jawan
New Delhi: It is not everyday that one
stumbles upon a bagful of money but for a CISF jawan posted
at the airport, lost bags with cash inside are a constant
phenomenon and has earned praise for his conduct.
A CISF constable posted at the X-Ray belt in the
domestic terminal of the Indira Gandhi International Airport
recently earned praise from his force`s chief after he tracked
down a man who had left behind a bag with Rs 80,000 in it.
Tej Singh, official sources said, saw a bag lying
unclaimed at the X-Ray unit. On Checking it, he found Rs 8,000
in cash, USD 196, Canadian Dollar 1,300 and other currencies
totalling to about Rs 80,000.
He saw a tag attached to the bag with a name of the
passenger. After making some rounds of announcements on the
public hearing system, a man named Paramjit Singh, an NRI
approached the constable.
Singh, who was on his way to Amristar was relieved to
find his cash intact. Till the announcements were made, the
passenger had no clue about his missing bag.
Sources said the CISF Director General N R Das,
impressed by the honesty of Tej, rewarded him with a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice