CISF rewards `honest` jawan
New Delhi: It is not everyday that one
stumbles upon a bagful of money but for a CISF jawan posted
at the airport, lost bags with cash inside are a constant
phenomenon and has earned praise for his conduct.
A CISF constable posted at the X-Ray belt in the
domestic terminal of the Indira Gandhi International Airport
recently earned praise from his force`s chief after he tracked
down a man who had left behind a bag with Rs 80,000 in it.
Tej Singh, official sources said, saw a bag lying
unclaimed at the X-Ray unit. On Checking it, he found Rs 8,000
in cash, USD 196, Canadian Dollar 1,300 and other currencies
totalling to about Rs 80,000.
He saw a tag attached to the bag with a name of the
passenger. After making some rounds of announcements on the
public hearing system, a man named Paramjit Singh, an NRI
approached the constable.
Singh, who was on his way to Amristar was relieved to
find his cash intact. Till the announcements were made, the
passenger had no clue about his missing bag.
Sources said the CISF Director General N R Das,
impressed by the honesty of Tej, rewarded him with a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?