CISF rewards `honest` jawan
New Delhi: It is not everyday that one
stumbles upon a bagful of money but for a CISF jawan posted
at the airport, lost bags with cash inside are a constant
phenomenon and has earned praise for his conduct.
A CISF constable posted at the X-Ray belt in the
domestic terminal of the Indira Gandhi International Airport
recently earned praise from his force`s chief after he tracked
down a man who had left behind a bag with Rs 80,000 in it.
Tej Singh, official sources said, saw a bag lying
unclaimed at the X-Ray unit. On Checking it, he found Rs 8,000
in cash, USD 196, Canadian Dollar 1,300 and other currencies
totalling to about Rs 80,000.
He saw a tag attached to the bag with a name of the
passenger. After making some rounds of announcements on the
public hearing system, a man named Paramjit Singh, an NRI
approached the constable.
Singh, who was on his way to Amristar was relieved to
find his cash intact. Till the announcements were made, the
passenger had no clue about his missing bag.
Sources said the CISF Director General N R Das,
impressed by the honesty of Tej, rewarded him with a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed