CISF to get anti-landmine vehicles in Naxal areas
New Delhi: The CISF, which guards over 50 installations producing and extracting iron ore, coal and steel in Naxal-affected states, has decided to procure anti-land mine and bullet proof vehicles for all its units.
A slew of measures have been taken by the force headquarters here after recent incidents of Maoist violence at units guarded by CISF took place recently, including last month`s attack by Naxals in NMDC mines area of Chhattisgarh where 5 troopers were killed.
"Managements of these installations (which include coal and steel) will be insisted to provide required gadgets and infrastructure facilities to the security personnel including anti-landmine vehicles and bullet proof vehicles," a senior CISF official said.
The force will also construct fortified posts in all the 51 installations it is guarding in Naxal-hit areas which includes those in coal, steel production and mining sectors.
A top-level meeting, headed by CISF chief Rajiv and CRPF Special Director General (Operations) PM Nair, was held yesterday in this regard at the CISF headquarters here.
During the meeting, it was decided that the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) will also share intelligence with the CRPF, the mainstay force for anti-Naxal operations in the country.
The CISF will also update its strategies for operating in the Naxal-affected zones and senior officials will visit these units regularly, a senior official said.
Infrastructure facilities for CISF personnel in atomic energy installations including those in Naxal-hit areas will also be upgraded, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy