Citizens can now connect directly to President
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee`s official website has been redesigned to make it more interactive for the people, a Rashtrapati Bhavan release said on Friday.
The redesigned website was launched by the president`s secretary Omita Paul, who expresssed the hope that it would be a step forward to bring the president closer to the people.
She also said efforts would be made to ensure that the website is in line with the best global practices, the release said.
It said while historical perspectives from the earlier website have been retained, the redesigned website has some new features, which include direct connectivity from the website to social networking media such as Facebook and YouTube.
"These two features have been initiated after assumption of charge by President Pranab Mukherjee. The new website also has a video gallery. Citizens can connect to the president directly by clicking the button `Write to the President`, which will take them directly to the helpline portal.
"Moreover, visuals have been conceptualised and made user-friendly," the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH