Citizens can now connect directly to President
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee`s official website has been redesigned to make it more interactive for the people, a Rashtrapati Bhavan release said on Friday.
The redesigned website was launched by the president`s secretary Omita Paul, who expresssed the hope that it would be a step forward to bring the president closer to the people.
She also said efforts would be made to ensure that the website is in line with the best global practices, the release said.
It said while historical perspectives from the earlier website have been retained, the redesigned website has some new features, which include direct connectivity from the website to social networking media such as Facebook and YouTube.
"These two features have been initiated after assumption of charge by President Pranab Mukherjee. The new website also has a video gallery. Citizens can connect to the president directly by clicking the button `Write to the President`, which will take them directly to the helpline portal.
"Moreover, visuals have been conceptualised and made user-friendly," the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers