Citizens can now connect directly to President
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee`s official website has been redesigned to make it more interactive for the people, a Rashtrapati Bhavan release said on Friday.
The redesigned website was launched by the president`s secretary Omita Paul, who expresssed the hope that it would be a step forward to bring the president closer to the people.
She also said efforts would be made to ensure that the website is in line with the best global practices, the release said.
It said while historical perspectives from the earlier website have been retained, the redesigned website has some new features, which include direct connectivity from the website to social networking media such as Facebook and YouTube.
"These two features have been initiated after assumption of charge by President Pranab Mukherjee. The new website also has a video gallery. Citizens can connect to the president directly by clicking the button `Write to the President`, which will take them directly to the helpline portal.
"Moreover, visuals have been conceptualised and made user-friendly," the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi