Citizens can now connect directly to President
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee`s official website has been redesigned to make it more interactive for the people, a Rashtrapati Bhavan release said on Friday.
The redesigned website was launched by the president`s secretary Omita Paul, who expresssed the hope that it would be a step forward to bring the president closer to the people.
She also said efforts would be made to ensure that the website is in line with the best global practices, the release said.
It said while historical perspectives from the earlier website have been retained, the redesigned website has some new features, which include direct connectivity from the website to social networking media such as Facebook and YouTube.
"These two features have been initiated after assumption of charge by President Pranab Mukherjee. The new website also has a video gallery. Citizens can connect to the president directly by clicking the button `Write to the President`, which will take them directly to the helpline portal.
"Moreover, visuals have been conceptualised and made user-friendly," the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials