‘Citizen`s Charter be included in Lokpal Bill’
New Delhi: Team Anna on Thursday demanded that
Citizen`s Charter, specifying a time limit on government
departments for providing services, should be included in the
Lokpal Bill as it will help the common people to get their
"Citizen`s Charter in the Lokpal Bill is a must. It will
help people get their work done in a time-bound manner,"
prominent Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal said.
He said the charter was needed as government employees
"deliberately" sit on files to cause delays and extract
"Citizen`s Charter will effectively check this," he said.
Inclusion of such a charter was one of the three key
demands put forward by Team Anna for Anna Hazare to call off
his hunger strike at Ramlila Maidan here in August.
Parliament had urged the Standing Committee to consider
this demand. However, the draft bill does not provide for a
Citizen`s Charter and, instead, the Government has prepared a
draft Public Grievances Bill.
Another activist Kiran Bedi said government`s stand was
not clear yet on the issue of bringing anti-corruption wing of
CBI under Lokpal.
"Anti-corruption wing of CBI must come under an
independent Lokpal. (Government`s stand is) not clear yet,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice