‘Citizen`s Charter be included in Lokpal Bill’
New Delhi: Team Anna on Thursday demanded that
Citizen`s Charter, specifying a time limit on government
departments for providing services, should be included in the
Lokpal Bill as it will help the common people to get their
"Citizen`s Charter in the Lokpal Bill is a must. It will
help people get their work done in a time-bound manner,"
prominent Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal said.
He said the charter was needed as government employees
"deliberately" sit on files to cause delays and extract
"Citizen`s Charter will effectively check this," he said.
Inclusion of such a charter was one of the three key
demands put forward by Team Anna for Anna Hazare to call off
his hunger strike at Ramlila Maidan here in August.
Parliament had urged the Standing Committee to consider
this demand. However, the draft bill does not provide for a
Citizen`s Charter and, instead, the Government has prepared a
draft Public Grievances Bill.
Another activist Kiran Bedi said government`s stand was
not clear yet on the issue of bringing anti-corruption wing of
CBI under Lokpal.
"Anti-corruption wing of CBI must come under an
independent Lokpal. (Government`s stand is) not clear yet,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand