Civil Services 2013: 67 candidates fail to clear medical test
New Delhi: As many as 67 candidates, who was announced qualified in the civil services examination 2013, have been declared unfit to join some services including Indian Police Service (IPS).
A list containing names of the candidates declared unfit by medical board of various hospitals, along with the reasons, has been put up on the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) website -- http://www.persmin.nic.in/, officials said.
An appeal can be made by these candidates to challenge medical board`s findings by following certain procedure, they said.
"The appeal should be preferred within 21 days from the date of this notice failing which it will be presumed that the candidate (s) is not interested in filing an appeal. Appeal received after 21 days of issue of this notice will not be considered," said a circular issued yesterday by the DoPT.
However, the candidates are advised to file the appeal, if they so desire, as early as possible so that their re-medical examination could be held at an early date and service allocation could be completed prior to the commencement of foundation course from September 1, it said.
The appeal should be accompanied by a fee of Rs 100, the circular said.
"It is made clear that the Appellate Medical Board would conduct the medical examination only if your appeal has been received in the office within the stipulated time," it said.
The medical examination by the Appellate Medical Board will be at the cost of candidates only. "There is to say if any amount is to be paid to the hospital in connection with your medical examination, the same shall be paid by you direct to the hospital," the DoPT told the students.
As many as 1,122 candidates were recommended for appointment in Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and other central services on the basis of the civil services examination, 2013, results of which were declared on June 12.
The civil services examination is conducted in three stages -- preliminary, mains and interview -- by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon