Civil services preliminary exam May 23
New Delhi: The civil services (preliminary) examination, which opens the gates for aspirants to become top bureaucrats, diplomats and police officers in India, will be held May 23, it was announced Friday.
The Union Service Public Commission (UPSC) will hold the examination for 2010 for recruitment to the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service and certain other Group `A` and Group ‘B` central services.
The examination will be held at various centres across the country.
The candidates must apply in the Common Application Form devised by the UPSC for its examinations, which can be purchased from designated post offices throughout the country.
The last day for submitting application forms is Feb 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?