Civil society silent on Gadkari deals: Digvijay
Shimla: Accusing civil society activists of being silent on Nitin Gadkari`s business dealings, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh today alleged at "some connection" between BJP and anti-corruption crusader turned politician Arvind Kejriwal.
Singh told reporters here, that the civil society activist had levelled "mild charges" against BJP President Nitin Gadkari despite having full knowledge about his "fake companies with fake addresses and slum dwellers as directors".
"Arvind Kejriwal had information about the Shell companies of Gadkari and I ask him why he is keeping silent. Earlier also I asked him some questions but he did not reply as he has no answer", he said.
Taking potshots at the BJP President, Singh said, Gadkari should produce "Slum Dog Millionaire-II" and added that in case of Slum Dog Millionaire-I, the person got the money but in this case slum dwellers have only got the name and no money.
"The matter is being probed by competent authorities and the truth about Gadkari`s companies would come out", he said, adding, "I have always been saying that Gadkari is more of a businessman than a politician and talks more about commerce".
Targeting Kejriwal, Anna Hazare, Baba Ramdev, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and other civil society members, the Congress leader questioned as to why they were silent over allegations against Gadkari.
Defending Robert Vadra over land deals, Singh said, he purchased some land in Mansesar 15 years ago for Rs one lakh and it was a wise investment and the growth in land rates was an enormous 150 times and said that Vadra was being targeted only because he is Sonai Gandhi`s son-in-law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune