Civil society silent on Gadkari deals: Digvijay
Shimla: Accusing civil society activists of being silent on Nitin Gadkari`s business dealings, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh today alleged at "some connection" between BJP and anti-corruption crusader turned politician Arvind Kejriwal.
Singh told reporters here, that the civil society activist had levelled "mild charges" against BJP President Nitin Gadkari despite having full knowledge about his "fake companies with fake addresses and slum dwellers as directors".
"Arvind Kejriwal had information about the Shell companies of Gadkari and I ask him why he is keeping silent. Earlier also I asked him some questions but he did not reply as he has no answer", he said.
Taking potshots at the BJP President, Singh said, Gadkari should produce "Slum Dog Millionaire-II" and added that in case of Slum Dog Millionaire-I, the person got the money but in this case slum dwellers have only got the name and no money.
"The matter is being probed by competent authorities and the truth about Gadkari`s companies would come out", he said, adding, "I have always been saying that Gadkari is more of a businessman than a politician and talks more about commerce".
Targeting Kejriwal, Anna Hazare, Baba Ramdev, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and other civil society members, the Congress leader questioned as to why they were silent over allegations against Gadkari.
Defending Robert Vadra over land deals, Singh said, he purchased some land in Mansesar 15 years ago for Rs one lakh and it was a wise investment and the growth in land rates was an enormous 150 times and said that Vadra was being targeted only because he is Sonai Gandhi`s son-in-law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read