Civil society silent on Gadkari deals: Digvijay
Shimla: Accusing civil society activists of being silent on Nitin Gadkari`s business dealings, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh today alleged at "some connection" between BJP and anti-corruption crusader turned politician Arvind Kejriwal.
Singh told reporters here, that the civil society activist had levelled "mild charges" against BJP President Nitin Gadkari despite having full knowledge about his "fake companies with fake addresses and slum dwellers as directors".
"Arvind Kejriwal had information about the Shell companies of Gadkari and I ask him why he is keeping silent. Earlier also I asked him some questions but he did not reply as he has no answer", he said.
Taking potshots at the BJP President, Singh said, Gadkari should produce "Slum Dog Millionaire-II" and added that in case of Slum Dog Millionaire-I, the person got the money but in this case slum dwellers have only got the name and no money.
"The matter is being probed by competent authorities and the truth about Gadkari`s companies would come out", he said, adding, "I have always been saying that Gadkari is more of a businessman than a politician and talks more about commerce".
Targeting Kejriwal, Anna Hazare, Baba Ramdev, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and other civil society members, the Congress leader questioned as to why they were silent over allegations against Gadkari.
Defending Robert Vadra over land deals, Singh said, he purchased some land in Mansesar 15 years ago for Rs one lakh and it was a wise investment and the growth in land rates was an enormous 150 times and said that Vadra was being targeted only because he is Sonai Gandhi`s son-in-law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid