CJI asks students to give importance to duties, rights
Bhubaneswar: Describing education as a process that shapes character and intellect, Chief Justice of India Justice P Sathasivam on Friday asked students to be aware of their duties as well as fundamental rights.
"Education is a process by which character is framed and intellect is built," Justice Sathasivam said while addressing the students of KIIT University here.
Highlighting the significance of education in overall development of personality, the CJI asked the students to be equally conscious of both their duties and rights.
He said innate talent is a basic requisite, but extraordinary hard work is the formula of success, quoting author Malcolm Gladwell.
He said Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology had gained a lot of momentum within a short span of time.
Justice Sathasivam said it has been possible solely due to the vision, commitment and hard work of its founder, Achyuta Samanta.
The university provides excellent facility and has a bright future, he told students and advised them to utilise the opportunity.
Referring to Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences, he said, "It is much more than a school, it is an agent of social change."
He said it was recognised as a successful model of tribal empowerment through education.
Expressing appreciation for the institute`s activities, he said it was giving tribal children an opportunity to dream and realise their dreams.
Referring to the founder of the "unique home for 20,000 tribal children", he said Samanta`s achievements as a social entrepreneur within a brief period reminded him of the wise words of Swami Vivekananada - "Let us have faith in ourselves. I see it clear as daylight that we have infinite power in ourselves".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video