Clarify changes in visa rules: India to UK
New Delhi: Concerned over impact of the
proposed changes in the British immigration rules on Indian
professionals, the Commerce Minsitry has sought several
queries from the UK government through diplomatic channels.
India is specifically concerned over the proposed changes
in UK regarding visas for professionals on temporary visits to
According to the position paper of the UK government, it
is being debated whether a professional under the temporary
visa category would be allowed to stay in Britain beyond a
year. Also whether the dependents should be allowed there.
The Commerce Ministry has sought clarifications on the
issue from the British High Commission here through a proper
diplomatic note (Note Verbale).
"The clarifications from the British High Commission are
awaited," a source said.
Meanwhile, in his meeting with visiting UK Secretary of
State for Justice Kenneth Clarke, Commerce and Industry
Minister Anand Sharma discussed about the initiatives being
proposed in India for giving a boost to the manufacturing
The government is working on a new policy aimed at making
India a manufacturing hub for global outsourcing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Anil Kumble: It's a great honour to be back in Indian dressing room in different role
- India vs Zimbabwe PHOTO: When MS Dhoni shared red-eye selfie on Facebook
- M.M. Khan murder: Manish Sisodia accuses hotelier of working under political patronage
- Experts for central epidemiological database to deal with bio-terrorism
- Cleric suspended after selfies with Pakistan`s `Kim Kardashian`