Clarify `conspiracy theories` on Naxal attack: BJP to Ajit Jogi
New Delhi: BJP on Friday asked Congress leader Ajit Jogi to clarify "conspiracy theories" on the deadly Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh last weekend rather than "threaten" its leaders with legal action.
"It is important that we know that on the Chhattisgarh attack, a lot of theories are floating on an issue like Naxals and their attack... The Congress rumour mills are fully busy about conspiracy theories... The conspiracy theories are coming out of Congress households," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told reporters here.
She said instead of answering questions being raised about one of their MLAs escaping on a readily available motorbike and Jogi himself using a helicopter instead of driving with the convoy which came under attack, the former Chhattisgarh chief minister was threatening legal action against BJP leaders for alleging his role in the attack.
"There are questions which Mr Jogi may want to answer, rather than threaten the government which is standing by everybody," she said.
She said Jogi can explain his stand before the judicial commission.
"The environment in Chhattisgarh is full of questions which the Congress and its leadership may have to answer. They are silent when conspiracy theories are floating but threaten legal action when BJP asks questions," she said.
Sitharaman also charged Congress with double-speak on the Naxal issue. "They support, they deal gently, they even given official positions of power for people who are the overhead supporters of Naxals who are underground," she said.
BJP leader Narendra Singh Tomar has alleged that was involved in the attack. Tomar claimed that Jogi was part of the conspiracy. Jogi is reported to have threatened Tomar with legal action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre