Clean chit to Reddy brothers backed by good reasons: Mitra
Kolkata: BJP MP Chandan Mitra today said
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s clean chit to the
Reddy brothers facing allegations of illegal mining as "backed
by good reasons".
"I am sure the Karnataka chief minister has good reason
for the clean chit he has given because the Lok Ayukta in
Karnataka has been entrusted to look into the entire matter,"
Mitra told reporters here reacting to the development on the
Mitra said the state government had opposed handing over
the probe to the CBI because that would only delay the
"The state government is looking into the matter and the
Karnataka CM already said that nobody will be spared. Steps
will be taken against those who will be found guilty by the
Lok Ayukta," Mitra said.
Besides giving a clean chit to the Bellary mining barons,
G Janardhan Reddy and G Karunakar Reddy, Yeddyurappa has also
ruled out their dismissal from the state cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi