Clean chit to Reddy brothers backed by good reasons: Mitra
Kolkata: BJP MP Chandan Mitra today said
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s clean chit to the
Reddy brothers facing allegations of illegal mining as "backed
by good reasons".
"I am sure the Karnataka chief minister has good reason
for the clean chit he has given because the Lok Ayukta in
Karnataka has been entrusted to look into the entire matter,"
Mitra told reporters here reacting to the development on the
Mitra said the state government had opposed handing over
the probe to the CBI because that would only delay the
"The state government is looking into the matter and the
Karnataka CM already said that nobody will be spared. Steps
will be taken against those who will be found guilty by the
Lok Ayukta," Mitra said.
Besides giving a clean chit to the Bellary mining barons,
G Janardhan Reddy and G Karunakar Reddy, Yeddyurappa has also
ruled out their dismissal from the state cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj