Clinton to visit India in July for Strategic Dialogue: Krishna
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister SM
Krishna on Tuesday said US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will
be in India this July for the Indo-US Strategic Dialogue
during which issues related to defence and security will be
"I expect Secretary Hillary Clinton to come to Delhi
in July this year," he told reporters here.
The Minister was addressing a function to release the
latest edition of the book `Indian National Security`.
"We have a very structured security relationship with
America. We have entered into a civil nuclear accord... I
think our mutual interests are being well taken care of," he
said when asked about the US` place in Indian security
The Strategic Dialogue between the two sides was
supposed to have held early this month but due to the
commitments of senior Cabinet Ministers like AK Antony in
Assembly elections, it was postponed.
The `strategic dialogue` was established in July 2009
during Clinton`s visit to India with the objective of
strengthening cooperation on issues such as non-proliferation,
counter-terrorism and military matters; energy and climate
During the first meeting, India and US had resolved
and signed the End-User Monitoring Agreement for the
inspection of US weapon system and hardware in the Indian
Armed forces` inventory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'