Close shave for GoAir flight in Indore
Indore: A New Delhi-bound GoAir flight with 140 passengers onboard had a close shave here on Saturday after a bird hit soon after take off, an official said.
"The GoAir flight landed in an emergency situation, minutes after it took off from Indore`s Devi Ahilyabai Airport this morning. No one was injured in the incident," Vivek Upadhyaya, airport director, told reporters.
Technicians from Mumbai were called to examine whether the flight can resume.
This is the second bird-hit incident in about a month at Indore airport.
On June 16, an Air India flight with 146 people onboard also suffered a bird hit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore