Close shave for Jet Airways passengers in Bhopal
Bhopal: A Hyderabad-bound Jet Airways flight
with 36 passengers on board had a close shave after the nose
wheel of the aircraft broke off while landing at the Raja Bhoj
Airport here on Wednesday, airport sources said.
"The nose wheel of the plane approaching the runway
suddenly broke off. However, the pilot managed to land the
aircraft safely," the sources said.
The flight, which arrived here at approximately 9.00 am and
was scheduled to take off at 9:35 am, has been cancelled.
The passengers were accommodated in other flights, the
Jet Airways, however, denied that the aircraft`s nose
wheel broke and said it was a technical snag which delayed the
"A technical snag was reported in the Jet Airways flight
9W 2509 which arrived here from Ahmedabad via Indore and was
on its way to Hyderabad via Raipur, following which it was
stranded at the Bhopal Airport," a Jet Airways spokeswoman
"The aircraft was taken to the parking bay in Bhopal for
inspection," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra