Close shave for Jet Airways passengers in Bhopal
Bhopal: A Hyderabad-bound Jet Airways flight
with 36 passengers on board had a close shave after the nose
wheel of the aircraft broke off while landing at the Raja Bhoj
Airport here on Wednesday, airport sources said.
"The nose wheel of the plane approaching the runway
suddenly broke off. However, the pilot managed to land the
aircraft safely," the sources said.
The flight, which arrived here at approximately 9.00 am and
was scheduled to take off at 9:35 am, has been cancelled.
The passengers were accommodated in other flights, the
Jet Airways, however, denied that the aircraft`s nose
wheel broke and said it was a technical snag which delayed the
"A technical snag was reported in the Jet Airways flight
9W 2509 which arrived here from Ahmedabad via Indore and was
on its way to Hyderabad via Raipur, following which it was
stranded at the Bhopal Airport," a Jet Airways spokeswoman
"The aircraft was taken to the parking bay in Bhopal for
inspection," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly