Close shave for Kingfisher passengers at Chennai airport
Chennai: Passengers on board a Kingfisher Airlines’ plane had a close shave after a baggage trolley collided with the aircraft at the Chennai airport on Wednesday.
The incident occurred today morning when after Kingfisher ATR plane with flight number IT-2494 was pushed back from the parking bay and was taxing to the active runway for takeoff to Bangalore. All of sudden, fluting rules, a baggage trolley vehicle intruded into the flight path and collided with the plane.
The aircraft’s fuselage was substantially damaged, leading to the abandoning of the flight plan.
All the 48 passengers who were on board at the time of the accident are being sent to Bangalore in another aircraft.
A probe has being ordered to look into the sequence of events and nail the guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends