Close to 5 lakh aspirants appear for IIT-JEE
Kanpur: Nearly five lakh aspirants in 131
cities across the country on Sunday took the Joint Entrance
Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT-JEE).
A total of 4,85,262 candidates appeared for the test
held at 1,051 centres in 131 cities. There are roughly 10,000
seats in the 16 IITs and Indian School of Mines (ISM),
The results of the entrance examination, conducted
this year by IIT-K (Kanpur), will be declared on May 25 while
the model solutions of the papers will be published on May 15
on the IIT-JEE website.
IIT-K Registrar Sanjiv Kashalkar said the examination
was held peacefully across the country and there were no
reports of any untoward incident from any centre.
After the results are declared, scanned images of
optical response sheet (answer scripts) with the candidates`
details will be displayed on the website, IIT-K Director SG
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'