Close to 5 lakh aspirants appear for IIT-JEE
Kanpur: Nearly five lakh aspirants in 131
cities across the country on Sunday took the Joint Entrance
Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT-JEE).
A total of 4,85,262 candidates appeared for the test
held at 1,051 centres in 131 cities. There are roughly 10,000
seats in the 16 IITs and Indian School of Mines (ISM),
The results of the entrance examination, conducted
this year by IIT-K (Kanpur), will be declared on May 25 while
the model solutions of the papers will be published on May 15
on the IIT-JEE website.
IIT-K Registrar Sanjiv Kashalkar said the examination
was held peacefully across the country and there were no
reports of any untoward incident from any centre.
After the results are declared, scanned images of
optical response sheet (answer scripts) with the candidates`
details will be displayed on the website, IIT-K Director SG
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!