Club terror cases against youths from Azamgarh: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday demanded that
all criminal cases against terror suspects from Azamgarh
running in different courts in the country be clubbed together
to ensure speedy trial.
Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh accompanied
by several prominent personalities of Azamgarh met Home
Minister P Chidambaram to give him a representation in this
He asked Chidambaram to club 26 such cases against
people hailing from Uttar Pradesh`s Azamgarh district who have
been arrested on terrorism and other related criminal charges
by police of different states.
The Home Minister assured the delegation that he would
seek legal opinion on the matter from Law Ministry and will
take a decision after that, official sources said.
The government may also look into setting up of
special courts for the purpose, the sources said.
Digvijay has recently made several trips to the
district, including the one after the arrest of Shahzad Ahmed
in connection with 2008 Delhi serial blasts.
He also met the families of two Muslim youths who were
killed during the Batla House encounter. Singh had also
requested Rahul Gandhi to visit the area and interact with the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das