CMM recites song of Hindi movie before verdict in Bofors case
New Delhi: `Woh afsana jise anjam tak lana
na ho mumkin, use ek khoobsurat more dekar chhorna hi achha`
(It`s better to end a story on a good note in case it cannot
be brought to a logical end), recited a Delhi judge while
drawing the curtain down on two decade-old `Q` saga.
The famous lines, penned by Sahir Ludhianvi for the
song `Chalo ekbar phirse ajnabi` from the film Gumrah`, amply
indicated the outcome of the verdict minutes before it was
pronounced by Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav.
The recital of the couplet by the CMM, who wrongly
attributed it to Majrooh Sultanpuri, however, made the anxious
CBI prosecutors` faces lit up.
Lest the court`s intention is not lost on those
present in the packed courtroom, the CMM added with good
measure. "If the logical conclusion of a case is not possible
then it is better to leave the issue."
The CMM then read out relevant paragraphs of his
73-page order saying Italian businessman Ottavio Quattrocchi
was discharged as the country cannot afford to spend
hard-earned money on his extradition which has already cost Rs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred