CM`s nod being awaited for increasing number of LPG cylinders
Mumbai: The Food and Civil Supplies Department is awaiting Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s directives regarding an increase in the number of subsidised LPG cylinders from six to nine.
"We are awaiting the CM`s nod and then the department will frame the draft proposal to be introduced in cabinet," food and civil supplies minister Anil Deshmukh said.
After the Centre restricted the number of subsidised LPG cylinders to six, the Congress had asked its state governments to provide three additional subsidised cylinders.
Deshmukh said the financial implications,the category to whom the subsidies should be provided will have to be worked out.
Meanwhile, Chavan reviewed the number of LPG consumers and ration card holders in the state.
The Congress is likely to demand that the proposal for increase in the number of subsidised LPG cylinders be brought up during the next cabinet meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anirban Lahiri 5th in incomplete second round at Colonial on PGA
- Vijay Mallya seeks dismissal of ED's plea seeking his presence
- Leander Paes could soon be 6th in list of most doubles victories
- Narendra Modi govt celebrates 2nd anniversary; Amitabh Bachchan urges to educate, give equality to girl child
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti