CM`s nod being awaited for increasing number of LPG cylinders
Mumbai: The Food and Civil Supplies Department is awaiting Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s directives regarding an increase in the number of subsidised LPG cylinders from six to nine.
"We are awaiting the CM`s nod and then the department will frame the draft proposal to be introduced in cabinet," food and civil supplies minister Anil Deshmukh said.
After the Centre restricted the number of subsidised LPG cylinders to six, the Congress had asked its state governments to provide three additional subsidised cylinders.
Deshmukh said the financial implications,the category to whom the subsidies should be provided will have to be worked out.
Meanwhile, Chavan reviewed the number of LPG consumers and ration card holders in the state.
The Congress is likely to demand that the proposal for increase in the number of subsidised LPG cylinders be brought up during the next cabinet meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice