CM`s nod being awaited for increasing number of LPG cylinders
Mumbai: The Food and Civil Supplies Department is awaiting Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s directives regarding an increase in the number of subsidised LPG cylinders from six to nine.
"We are awaiting the CM`s nod and then the department will frame the draft proposal to be introduced in cabinet," food and civil supplies minister Anil Deshmukh said.
After the Centre restricted the number of subsidised LPG cylinders to six, the Congress had asked its state governments to provide three additional subsidised cylinders.
Deshmukh said the financial implications,the category to whom the subsidies should be provided will have to be worked out.
Meanwhile, Chavan reviewed the number of LPG consumers and ration card holders in the state.
The Congress is likely to demand that the proposal for increase in the number of subsidised LPG cylinders be brought up during the next cabinet meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Separatists leaders Geelani, Mirwaiz detained ahead of proposed protest march
- Pakistan fans trolled Virat Kohli after Misbah-ul-Haq & Co dethroned India in ICC rankings
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- It's terrible and awful - parents leave daughters to starve at Delhi home
- 'India can recast global narrative; needs 8-10% growth'