CM`s nod being awaited for increasing number of LPG cylinders
Mumbai: The Food and Civil Supplies Department is awaiting Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s directives regarding an increase in the number of subsidised LPG cylinders from six to nine.
"We are awaiting the CM`s nod and then the department will frame the draft proposal to be introduced in cabinet," food and civil supplies minister Anil Deshmukh said.
After the Centre restricted the number of subsidised LPG cylinders to six, the Congress had asked its state governments to provide three additional subsidised cylinders.
Deshmukh said the financial implications,the category to whom the subsidies should be provided will have to be worked out.
Meanwhile, Chavan reviewed the number of LPG consumers and ration card holders in the state.
The Congress is likely to demand that the proposal for increase in the number of subsidised LPG cylinders be brought up during the next cabinet meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video