CM`s nod being awaited for increasing number of LPG cylinders
Mumbai: The Food and Civil Supplies Department is awaiting Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s directives regarding an increase in the number of subsidised LPG cylinders from six to nine.
"We are awaiting the CM`s nod and then the department will frame the draft proposal to be introduced in cabinet," food and civil supplies minister Anil Deshmukh said.
After the Centre restricted the number of subsidised LPG cylinders to six, the Congress had asked its state governments to provide three additional subsidised cylinders.
Deshmukh said the financial implications,the category to whom the subsidies should be provided will have to be worked out.
Meanwhile, Chavan reviewed the number of LPG consumers and ration card holders in the state.
The Congress is likely to demand that the proposal for increase in the number of subsidised LPG cylinders be brought up during the next cabinet meeting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?