Coal allocation scam trail goes all the way to PM: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday alleged that the trail of the coal scam goes all the way to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh since he was the final signatory for all the allocations and sought to know how Coal Secretary P C Parakh is being held responsible but not the minister who held the portfolio.
"The trail of the coal allocation scam goes all the way to 7, Race Course Road (PM`s residence). If in the Commonwealth Games scam the person who put the final signature was held accountable and jailed, then what is the reason that the Prime Minister, who held the coal portfolio, is not responsible," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He asked if Parakh is being accused of wrongdoing because he was the Coal Secretary, then why is the Prime Minister not culpable.
Citing another instance, the BJP leader said in the 2G spectrum scam A Raja was made an accused as he was the Telecom Minister then why is the then coal minister and Prime Minister not being held accountable for the coal scam.
The main Opposition had demanded yesterday that the Prime Minister should tender his resignation immediately.
"BJP wants to know why PM is not being held accountable. We will take this issue to the people most of whom are already aware of it by now," Hussain said.
He claimed this augurs well for the party as a wave is being built in its favour due to such scams and the charisma of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"The kind of atmosphere we are witnessing today, BJP will not just cross 272+ mark (the majority in Lok Sabha) but get many more seats. The polls have not yet been announced and the battlefield has not yet been set but it is obvious as to who will fly the victory flag in the next elections," Hussain claimed.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor