Coal block allocation should be cancelled: BJP
Jaipur: BJP on Saturday demanded that the "controversial" allocation of coal block should be cancelled with immediate effect.
"Controversial allotment of coal block should immediately be cancelled. The government is trying to cover up the huge scam but we will not let the government go," BJP National Secretary Kirit Somaiya alleged.
"BJP is in the favour of transparent competitive bidding," Somaiya, who is in the city for a meeting at the party`s state headquarters, added.
The CAG has estimated a loss of Rs 1.86 lakh crore in coal block allocation without bidding during a period which the Prime Minister held the portfolio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?