Coal block allocation should be cancelled: BJP
Jaipur: BJP on Saturday demanded that the "controversial" allocation of coal block should be cancelled with immediate effect.
"Controversial allotment of coal block should immediately be cancelled. The government is trying to cover up the huge scam but we will not let the government go," BJP National Secretary Kirit Somaiya alleged.
"BJP is in the favour of transparent competitive bidding," Somaiya, who is in the city for a meeting at the party`s state headquarters, added.
The CAG has estimated a loss of Rs 1.86 lakh crore in coal block allocation without bidding during a period which the Prime Minister held the portfolio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore