Coal block allocation should be cancelled: BJP
Jaipur: BJP on Saturday demanded that the "controversial" allocation of coal block should be cancelled with immediate effect.
"Controversial allotment of coal block should immediately be cancelled. The government is trying to cover up the huge scam but we will not let the government go," BJP National Secretary Kirit Somaiya alleged.
"BJP is in the favour of transparent competitive bidding," Somaiya, who is in the city for a meeting at the party`s state headquarters, added.
The CAG has estimated a loss of Rs 1.86 lakh crore in coal block allocation without bidding during a period which the Prime Minister held the portfolio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port