Coal block allocation should be cancelled: BJP
Jaipur: BJP on Saturday demanded that the "controversial" allocation of coal block should be cancelled with immediate effect.
"Controversial allotment of coal block should immediately be cancelled. The government is trying to cover up the huge scam but we will not let the government go," BJP National Secretary Kirit Somaiya alleged.
"BJP is in the favour of transparent competitive bidding," Somaiya, who is in the city for a meeting at the party`s state headquarters, added.
The CAG has estimated a loss of Rs 1.86 lakh crore in coal block allocation without bidding during a period which the Prime Minister held the portfolio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi