Coal block allocation should be cancelled: BJP
Jaipur: BJP on Saturday demanded that the "controversial" allocation of coal block should be cancelled with immediate effect.
"Controversial allotment of coal block should immediately be cancelled. The government is trying to cover up the huge scam but we will not let the government go," BJP National Secretary Kirit Somaiya alleged.
"BJP is in the favour of transparent competitive bidding," Somaiya, who is in the city for a meeting at the party`s state headquarters, added.
The CAG has estimated a loss of Rs 1.86 lakh crore in coal block allocation without bidding during a period which the Prime Minister held the portfolio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB