Coal block allocations should be cancelled: JD(U)
New Delhi: JD(U) MP and member of Standing Committee on coal and steel, Ali Anwar, said on Wednesday that the government was not serious about unearthing the coal scam which was worth crores.
Talking exclusively to Zee News, he said, “Coalgate is a bigger scam than 2G. Parliament witnessed a furore over 2G case. Only after the intervention of the court, any action was taken. Not just ministers, the name of the Prime Minister is also coming forward. They are all trying to suppress the case.”
He further added that it was wrong to question the CAG. “It amounts to an attack on the Constitution and is regrettable.”
When asked as to why the CBI has not taken any action against those in politics who were also running a parallel business, he said that the investigating agency had been made a puppet.
On various ministers who have been accused of taking advantage by virtue of being in power, Anwar said, “The government should deal with them strictly as no one has the right to waste the wealth of the nation.”
With the names of some corporate houses doing the rounds in the media, JD(U) maintained that it was bad for the country that the people were losing faith in the various institutions of democracy. He also revealed that that his party will raise the issue in the next session of Parliament.
On anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare’s demand for an investigation by a Supreme Court judge, Anwar said, “I agree with the demand. Very few people are left untainted.”
When questioned about the silence of the ruling party and the Opposition on the entire matter of coalgate, Anwar said that it was about who protests on the issue and in which manner. “We are trying to reach the public and want it to be an issue in 2014 General Elections,” he added.
On Justice Hegde demanding for an SIT probe on the entire scam, he said, “Court’s intervention is required. All coal block allocations should be cancelled.” He also lamented on the fact that the people of the country had come to believe that all political parties were the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender