Coal block scam probe: BJP demands govt`s cooperation with CBI
New Delhi: BJP Thursday claimed that hardly any progress has been made in the investigations into the coal block allocation scam and demanded that the government cooperate with the CBI by providing it with relevant files.
"The probe into the coal block allocations are not even going on at a snail`s pace. It is worrying that despite the Opposition raising this issue strongly inside and outside Parliament hardly any progress has been made. The CBI has said it is not receiving any files," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told reporters.
She pointed out that the CBI is not investigating only the allocations of the 142 coal blocks from 2006 to 2012 by the UPA government but also another 50 blocks which were alloted from 1993 to 2004.
CBI had informed Parliament`s Public Accounts Committee that it is not receiving files regarding the block allocations from the coal ministry.
"The coal ministry has happily sent all the files related to the allocations done from 1993 to 2004. The CBI says the other remaining files are not been sent to it," Sitharaman said.
She sought to know if this was an attempt at a cover-up as the "same pattern" was seen earlier in the 2G spectrum allocation and the Commonwealth Games scam.
"CBI is hard pressed to get files. So, no investigation is being done where actually there is a scam. Is therefore a genuine inquiry possible," Sitharaman asked.
BJP demanded that all the relevant files be handed over to the CBI for a probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda