Coal blocks allocation arbitrary: Karat
Jammu: CPI(M) on Saturday alleged allocation of
coal blocks had been done on an arbitary basis without any
relation to market value of the commodity and the UPA
government was responsible for this policy like the 2G
spectrum allocation which has cost a lot of revenue.
"The CAG`s final report will come but what we have seen
of the draft (report), it is clear that the same method of
allocation of scares natural resource--coal--has been done on
an arbitary basis", general secretary of CPI(M) Prakash Karat
told reporters here.
Karat, who was here in connection with the party`s state
conference, said "it has been done without relation to the
market value of the resources. So, we have to wait for the
"But I am sure it will show that the government in the
country has lost a lot of revenue because of this policy", he
Karat said "government is responsible for this policy. By
not doing anything in this regard, they are responsible for
this, like what had happened in 2G spectrum allocation. Let
the report come, then we will give our comment".
Replying to another question about the failure of the
consensus on Lokpal Bill, he said "as far as the Lokpal Bill
is concerned, a meeting took place yesterday also. To say
there is no consensus is wrong".
The CPI(M) general secretary further said that in Rajya
Sabha when there was a discussion on it during the last
session it was made clear that the entire opposition had
raised that some main points should be amended and there
should be 3-4 amendments in the Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi