Coal Min likely to start issuing mine deallocation letters soon
New Delhi: The Coal Ministry is likely to begin next week issuing deallocation letters to private firms whose mines were cancelled and those where bank guarantees were deducted for sitting idle on mines given to them for captive use, Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Monday said.
"We are hopeful that from next week we will start issuing deallocation letters to all those firms whose coal blocks were deallocated and bank guarantee deducted," Jaiswal told reporters here.
He also said that so far the Coal ministry had deallocated seven coal blocks, while the government has yet to take a call on the recommendations of Inter-Ministerial Group (IMG) for deallocation of another six coal blocks.
"The file for deallocation of six coal blocks is being sent to me," the minister said.
He also said so far the coal ministry had announced the deduction of bank guarantee of seven coal blocks.
"The file for deduction of bank guarantee of seven coal blocks as recommended by IMG is being sent to me. I will take a call on it and let you know accordingly," the minister said.
He also said," I have given my approval for no action against two coal blocks, while I have to still take a decision on the recommendation of the IMG for no action against another coal block," the minister said.
The minister said the IMG in total has reviewed 31 coal blocks of 51 private firms. "Now, we will take up those public firms which were issued show cause notices."
The IMG has so far recommended deallocation of 13 coal blocks and recommended deduction of bank guarantee in cases of 14 mines.
A total of 58 mines were given show cause notices for failure to develop the blocks within stipulated timeline.
The government had formed the IMG in July to review the progress of coal blocks allocated to companies for captive use.
Replying to a question, Jaiswal said the ministry will take a call on whether the "deallocated blocks would go to Coal India, or be allocated through auction route".
When asked when Crisil, consultant to the Coal Ministry for fixing reserve price for auction of 54 mines, would submit its report, he said, "It (Crisil) has asked for another three weeks from coal ministry."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly