Coal Min likely to start issuing mine deallocation letters soon
New Delhi: The Coal Ministry is likely to begin next week issuing deallocation letters to private firms whose mines were cancelled and those where bank guarantees were deducted for sitting idle on mines given to them for captive use, Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Monday said.
"We are hopeful that from next week we will start issuing deallocation letters to all those firms whose coal blocks were deallocated and bank guarantee deducted," Jaiswal told reporters here.
He also said that so far the Coal ministry had deallocated seven coal blocks, while the government has yet to take a call on the recommendations of Inter-Ministerial Group (IMG) for deallocation of another six coal blocks.
"The file for deallocation of six coal blocks is being sent to me," the minister said.
He also said so far the coal ministry had announced the deduction of bank guarantee of seven coal blocks.
"The file for deduction of bank guarantee of seven coal blocks as recommended by IMG is being sent to me. I will take a call on it and let you know accordingly," the minister said.
He also said," I have given my approval for no action against two coal blocks, while I have to still take a decision on the recommendation of the IMG for no action against another coal block," the minister said.
The minister said the IMG in total has reviewed 31 coal blocks of 51 private firms. "Now, we will take up those public firms which were issued show cause notices."
The IMG has so far recommended deallocation of 13 coal blocks and recommended deduction of bank guarantee in cases of 14 mines.
A total of 58 mines were given show cause notices for failure to develop the blocks within stipulated timeline.
The government had formed the IMG in July to review the progress of coal blocks allocated to companies for captive use.
Replying to a question, Jaiswal said the ministry will take a call on whether the "deallocated blocks would go to Coal India, or be allocated through auction route".
When asked when Crisil, consultant to the Coal Ministry for fixing reserve price for auction of 54 mines, would submit its report, he said, "It (Crisil) has asked for another three weeks from coal ministry."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof