Coal Min likely to start issuing mine deallocation letters soon
New Delhi: The Coal Ministry is likely to begin next week issuing deallocation letters to private firms whose mines were cancelled and those where bank guarantees were deducted for sitting idle on mines given to them for captive use, Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Monday said.
"We are hopeful that from next week we will start issuing deallocation letters to all those firms whose coal blocks were deallocated and bank guarantee deducted," Jaiswal told reporters here.
He also said that so far the Coal ministry had deallocated seven coal blocks, while the government has yet to take a call on the recommendations of Inter-Ministerial Group (IMG) for deallocation of another six coal blocks.
"The file for deallocation of six coal blocks is being sent to me," the minister said.
He also said so far the coal ministry had announced the deduction of bank guarantee of seven coal blocks.
"The file for deduction of bank guarantee of seven coal blocks as recommended by IMG is being sent to me. I will take a call on it and let you know accordingly," the minister said.
He also said," I have given my approval for no action against two coal blocks, while I have to still take a decision on the recommendation of the IMG for no action against another coal block," the minister said.
The minister said the IMG in total has reviewed 31 coal blocks of 51 private firms. "Now, we will take up those public firms which were issued show cause notices."
The IMG has so far recommended deallocation of 13 coal blocks and recommended deduction of bank guarantee in cases of 14 mines.
A total of 58 mines were given show cause notices for failure to develop the blocks within stipulated timeline.
The government had formed the IMG in July to review the progress of coal blocks allocated to companies for captive use.
Replying to a question, Jaiswal said the ministry will take a call on whether the "deallocated blocks would go to Coal India, or be allocated through auction route".
When asked when Crisil, consultant to the Coal Ministry for fixing reserve price for auction of 54 mines, would submit its report, he said, "It (Crisil) has asked for another three weeks from coal ministry."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in