Coal Ministry`s info missing from RS website
New Delhi: As the stand-off between the government and the BJP on the coal block issue continued, answers to Parliamentary questions for the current session related to Coal Ministry are missing from the Rajya Sabha website.
While question-answers of all other ministries are uploaded on the website of the Upper House, Coal Ministry related answers for the 226th session are missing.
However, only the questions related to Coal Ministry raised in Parliament in the current session are available on the website.
"Some Ministries are prompt in uploading the content and some are not. It is the respective ministry`s responsibility to upload the answers on the website," said Rajya Sabha Secretary General VK Agnihotri when asked about the missing information on its website.
Taking note of the absence of the Coal Ministry related answers on the website, the BJP accused the Congress of trying every possible way to suppress information related to coal block allocations.
"Rajya Sabha website has put on questions and answers of every other ministries on it website but not the August 27 question answers related to Coal Ministry," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters outside Parliament.
"I had asked questions on coal block allocations. The written answer on August 27 was that blocks were allocated to companies due to the requirement of manufacturing of steel, cement and generation of power," Javadekar said.
The Rajya Sabha MP`s question was that how many companies have started the production after the coal block allocations to them.
"The written answer given to my question no 1551 was that no one has started the production yet. Not even one ton of cement or steel manufactured or one MW of electricity was generated by these companies who had got coal blocks allocated.
"Though I got it in writing, it was not put on the Rajya Sabha website. In fact, no answer of Coal Ministry that day was on the website. There were total 10 questions on Coal Ministry on that day," he claimed.
"However, the RS website has question answer of all other ministries but not of Coal Ministry on September 27."
Drawing the attention of Vice-President and Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari, Javadekar said, "I had given him a written complaint about it. He had assured me to look into it."
Taking a dig at the Congress, BJP leader said "So one thing is clear that Coal Ministry wants to hide this fact. On the one hand Congress is telling us that we are not ready for discussion and on the other hand they are suppressing facts from the public. Our demand is that no department should allow to hide the facts."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues