Coal scam: CBI shortlists people to be questioned
New Delhi: CBI has shortlisted the people who are likely to be called for recording their statements in connection with five cases registered by it for alleged irregularities in allocation of captive coal blocks.
Agency sources said in the first batch, the accused named in the FIRs against JLD Yavatmal Energy Limited, JAS Infrastructure Capital Private Limited and AMR Iron and Steel are likely to be called at its headquarters here for examination.
In its FIR against JLD Yavatmal Energy Limited, which bagged Fatehpur East Coal Block in Chhattisgarh, CBI has named Vijay Darda along with his son Devendra and other former and present directors including brother Rajendra Darda, Manoj Jayaswal, Anand Jayaswal and Abhishek Jayaswal, they said.
The allegations of any wrong doing in getting coal blocks have been refuted by Dardas and Jayaswals.
"I am shocked to hear about the development," Darda had said after FIRs were filed.
The sources said the questioning might involve seeking information about alleged role Dardas played in getting the coal block for JLD Yavatamal.
The agency would also question Manoj Jayaswal who is also one of the main accused who appeared in three of the five FIRs filed by it.
The agency would also question those named in FIRs against Nav Bharat Power Private Limited and Vini Iron and Steel Limited, the sources said.
CBI sources said the officials of screening committee in which the coal blocks were cleared and officials who screened the applications would also be asked to record their statements in connection with the probe.
They said the teams which had gone for raid have collected documents, laptops, hard drives from various locations and were scrutinising the details from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok