Coal scam: CBI shortlists people to be questioned
New Delhi: CBI has shortlisted the people who are likely to be called for recording their statements in connection with five cases registered by it for alleged irregularities in allocation of captive coal blocks.
Agency sources said in the first batch, the accused named in the FIRs against JLD Yavatmal Energy Limited, JAS Infrastructure Capital Private Limited and AMR Iron and Steel are likely to be called at its headquarters here for examination.
In its FIR against JLD Yavatmal Energy Limited, which bagged Fatehpur East Coal Block in Chhattisgarh, CBI has named Vijay Darda along with his son Devendra and other former and present directors including brother Rajendra Darda, Manoj Jayaswal, Anand Jayaswal and Abhishek Jayaswal, they said.
The allegations of any wrong doing in getting coal blocks have been refuted by Dardas and Jayaswals.
"I am shocked to hear about the development," Darda had said after FIRs were filed.
The sources said the questioning might involve seeking information about alleged role Dardas played in getting the coal block for JLD Yavatamal.
The agency would also question Manoj Jayaswal who is also one of the main accused who appeared in three of the five FIRs filed by it.
The agency would also question those named in FIRs against Nav Bharat Power Private Limited and Vini Iron and Steel Limited, the sources said.
CBI sources said the officials of screening committee in which the coal blocks were cleared and officials who screened the applications would also be asked to record their statements in connection with the probe.
They said the teams which had gone for raid have collected documents, laptops, hard drives from various locations and were scrutinising the details from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda