Coal scam: Let PM make a statement, Congress appeals to BJP
New Delhi: Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla on Monday confirmed that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will make a statement on CAG report on coal blocks allocation in Parliament.
“Prime Minister will make statement in both Houses of Parliament today and will clear all the doubts regarding the coal blocks allocation issue,” Shukla said.
Dr Singh is expected to make his statement at 12 noon today.
Addressing the mediapersons Shukla said, “I would request main Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to allow the Prime Minister to make the statement,” adding, “in a democracy the other side should also be heard.”
“Let PM make the statement and if anyone has doubts they can ask questions.”
He also accused the BJP of adopting double standards on the reports of the CAG.
Taking on BJP, the Congress leader said the opposition party has problem with CAG report when it is criticising the BJP ruled states like Chhattisgarh, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh, but when it comes to the Centre its view point changes completely regarding the auditor general report.
Shukla’s statement comes after Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh said that CAG report on coal blocks allocation regarding his state government is hypothetical.
The CAG had earlier this month revealed that the lack of transparency in the allocation of coal blocks to private players resulted in a loss of a whopping Rs.1.85 lakh crore (USD 37 billion) to the exchequer as on March 11 last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way