Coal scam: Let PM make a statement, Congress appeals to BJP
New Delhi: Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla on Monday confirmed that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will make a statement on CAG report on coal blocks allocation in Parliament.
“Prime Minister will make statement in both Houses of Parliament today and will clear all the doubts regarding the coal blocks allocation issue,” Shukla said.
Dr Singh is expected to make his statement at 12 noon today.
Addressing the mediapersons Shukla said, “I would request main Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to allow the Prime Minister to make the statement,” adding, “in a democracy the other side should also be heard.”
“Let PM make the statement and if anyone has doubts they can ask questions.”
He also accused the BJP of adopting double standards on the reports of the CAG.
Taking on BJP, the Congress leader said the opposition party has problem with CAG report when it is criticising the BJP ruled states like Chhattisgarh, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh, but when it comes to the Centre its view point changes completely regarding the auditor general report.
Shukla’s statement comes after Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh said that CAG report on coal blocks allocation regarding his state government is hypothetical.
The CAG had earlier this month revealed that the lack of transparency in the allocation of coal blocks to private players resulted in a loss of a whopping Rs.1.85 lakh crore (USD 37 billion) to the exchequer as on March 11 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt