Coal scam: Nitish asks UPA to explain their `demeaning act`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday termed as "unfortunate" the Supreme Court`s indictment of the government on coal scam issue and asked Manmohan Singh government to explain to the nation their "demeaning act".
"There is not much to debate after observation made by the apex court on any issue... The event is unfortunate," Kumar told reporters.
The Chief Minister, who is senior leader of JD(U), said in addition to explaining their "demeaning act" of perusing the CBI status report on coal allocation issue beforehand to the Supreme Court, the Centre needs to give an explanation to the nation as well.
Taking potshots at the UPA government, Kumar said while this event has come to light, many such issues must have been going on which never came in the public domain.
Asked about logjam in Parliament over the issue, the CM said "it is the responsibility of the government to ensure smooth running of Parliamentary Houses."
"The government should find a solution to end the logjam. It is their job," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal