Coal scam: Nitish asks UPA to explain their `demeaning act`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday termed as "unfortunate" the Supreme Court`s indictment of the government on coal scam issue and asked Manmohan Singh government to explain to the nation their "demeaning act".
"There is not much to debate after observation made by the apex court on any issue... The event is unfortunate," Kumar told reporters.
The Chief Minister, who is senior leader of JD(U), said in addition to explaining their "demeaning act" of perusing the CBI status report on coal allocation issue beforehand to the Supreme Court, the Centre needs to give an explanation to the nation as well.
Taking potshots at the UPA government, Kumar said while this event has come to light, many such issues must have been going on which never came in the public domain.
Asked about logjam in Parliament over the issue, the CM said "it is the responsibility of the government to ensure smooth running of Parliamentary Houses."
"The government should find a solution to end the logjam. It is their job," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor