Coalgate: AAP criticises Ashwani Kumar, Vahanvati
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party today said position of Law Minister Ashwani Kumar and Attorney General G E Vahanvati has become "untenable" after the Supreme Court`s observation on the coalgate scam.
The AAP alleged CBI has been used as an instrument by the government to protect their own people and pressurise leaders of other parties for their political end. "This again underlines the need for an independent Lokpal and placing of CBI under the ombudsman after removing it from the administrative control of the government," AAP said in a statement.
"The position of the Law Minister and the Attorney General has become untenable in view of their repeated false statement and attempts to interfere with investigation (in the coalgate scam)," it said.
Making a stinging criticism of CBI and senior officials of the coal ministry and PMO, the Supreme Court today hauled them up for changing the "heart" of the Coalgate probe report but appeared to have given a breather for the Law Minister and the government for the time being.
Observing that CBI was like a "caged parrot", the court said it should stand up to all "pulls and pressures" and not share its probe with anyone including the Law Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read