Coalgate: AAP criticises Ashwani Kumar, Vahanvati
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party today said position of Law Minister Ashwani Kumar and Attorney General G E Vahanvati has become "untenable" after the Supreme Court`s observation on the coalgate scam.
The AAP alleged CBI has been used as an instrument by the government to protect their own people and pressurise leaders of other parties for their political end. "This again underlines the need for an independent Lokpal and placing of CBI under the ombudsman after removing it from the administrative control of the government," AAP said in a statement.
"The position of the Law Minister and the Attorney General has become untenable in view of their repeated false statement and attempts to interfere with investigation (in the coalgate scam)," it said.
Making a stinging criticism of CBI and senior officials of the coal ministry and PMO, the Supreme Court today hauled them up for changing the "heart" of the Coalgate probe report but appeared to have given a breather for the Law Minister and the government for the time being.
Observing that CBI was like a "caged parrot", the court said it should stand up to all "pulls and pressures" and not share its probe with anyone including the Law Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users