Coalgate accused must be punished: Nand Kumar Sai
New Delhi: In yet another attack on the Congress-led ruling coalition, BJP Member of Parliament from Chhattisgarh Nand Kumar Sai has accused the UPA government of inaction and attempting to shield those involved in the multi-crore Coalgate.
Speaking exclusively to Zee News, Sai, who is also the member, Standing Committee on Coal and Steel, said, “Sonia Gandhi is the UPA chairperson and Congress-led coalition is in power at the Centre still no action is being taken in this regard. The government acted whenever the Supreme Court made any observations regarding A Raja, the CWG scam or the (Adarsh) society scam but it is silent on the Coalgate. There are serious charges against the UPA government…it should investigate the matter.”
When asked who is to be blamed for the situation, the BJP leader said, “The Congress government thinks that people have short memories, by delaying action and prolonging the matter, people will soon forget about it. There might be a nexus between government and some industrial houses but nothing can be said directly. It wants to project that the allegations regarding Coalgate are baseless and unfounded. It is trying to confuse people and protect those involved in it. The government must act and punish those people.”
The BJP leader from Chhattisgarh also blamed the government for misusing CBI for settling political scores with rival parties.
“We have been saying for long that the UPA government is using CBI for political gains. CBI is working at the behest of the government and targets those who are at odds with the Centre. No one is above law….no one is above the nation…all are equal in democracy. Unfortunately, Congress is trying to weaken the concept of democracy. It is trying to suppress the matter but the people of this country and other political parties India are watching everything.” he said.
When asked to comment what he has to say on the involvement of several ministers in the Coalgate, Sai said, “Centre must act against them and probe the matter and based on its findings punish them. However, the point at which the government is standing, its intentions are dubious. The government’s response has surprised all of us. It is trying to divert attention from it, assuming that people will soon forget about it. But we the people of India should not allow this conspiracy to succeed. “
Sai concluded by saying that if the entire opposition unites on the issue to create pressure on the government, then, together, they can force it to either act or quit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?