Coalgate: Bhushan likely to move SC next week
New Delhi: Lawyer Prashant Bhushan is likely to approach Supreme Court next week seeking cancellation of the controversial allocation of coal blocks and an independent probe on the lines of the 2G spectrum allocation case he filed.
Bhushan said he is collecting documents regarding the coal block allocation, which the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) has found fault with, and preparing a detailed complaint.
"Sometime next week, I will be filing it in the Supreme Court. Like in the 2G case, I will be demanding cancellation of the allocation and an independent probe by a Special Investigation Team," he told a news agency.
He said an independent probe is necessary and the CBI cannot be entrusted with the investigations as the agency is controlled by the government.
The lawyer had earlier filed a complaint with Supreme Court in the 2G spectrum case seeking cancellation of the licences awarded to several private parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims