Coalgate: CBI grills Arvind Jayaswal again
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday continued to grill Arvind Jayaswal, Director AMR Iron and Steel Private Limited, in connection with alleged irregularities in allocation of Bander Coal block in Maharashtra to the company.
Jayaswal has been named by the agency in its FIR in which it alleged that the company concealed and misrepresented facts that its group firms were already been allocated coal blocks and that it was financially eligible to get the block.
Meanwhile, the central probe agency also issued summons to other directors of the company including his brother Manoj and other officials for questioning in connection with the case.
Besides Arvind, Manoj and the son of Congress MP Vijay Darda, Devendra are also accused in the case against the company.
According to sources, Arvind is being questioned in connection with allegations that the company in order to prove financial eligibility to acquire the block fraudulently claimed that it was a proposed special purpose vehicle of Lokmat Group and ILFS.
It also claimed the combined net worth of "proposed" vehicle is as that of the company`s.
Vijay Darda has refuted all the allegations against him.
The CBI has alleged that the company "fraudulently and willfully" concealed the fact that its group companies have already been allocated five coal blocks with an "object to avoid scrutiny on this count which would have weakened its claim".
The agency has also alleged that the company representatives had met the then Minister of State for Coal in his "chamber" and admitted that it was allocated five coal blocks earlier.
The CBI alleged that during the meeting with the then Minister of State for Coal--Santosh Bagrodia – the company claimed that it was not a part of the Jayaswal group but the equity was held by Lokmat Group, Abhijeet Infrastructure and IL and FS.
With Agency Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof