Coalgate: CBI records former ministers’ statement
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has recorded statements of former ministers of state in Coal Ministry Santosh Bagrodia and Dasari Narayan Rao in connection with the coal block allocation scam.
CBI sources said on Wednesday that the statement of both the former ministers of state have been recorded in the coal block allocation case in which 11 FIRs have been registered by the agency.
In one of the FIRs registered against the company AMR Iron and Steel in which son of Congress MP Vijay Darda is an accused, CBI has alleged that "representatives of M/s AMR Iron and Steel Pvt Ltd attended the meeting on September 18, 2008 with the Minister of State for coal in his chamber, wherein it claimed that it was not a part of Jayaswal group, but is equity was held by Lokmat group, Abhijeet Infrastructure Limited and IL and FS."
Both the former ministers have denied any involvement in the coal allocation scam.
The CBI has alleged that company also admitted that it was allocated five coal blocks earlier as on the date of application during the meeting dated Sepetmber 18, 2008.
"These facts regarding earlier allocation of coal blocks to the group/associate companies and equity participation by IL and FS and Lokmat group were concealed/misrepresented by AMR Iron and Steel Pvt Limited in its application/feedback form," CBI had alleged in its FIR.
The sources, meanwhile, claimed that all aspects related to role of Ministers of State in the coal block allocation were clarified during the recording of their statements.
The statements have been recorded in connection with alleged irregularities in coal block allocation between 2006 and 2009 during which the two ministers held charge of Minister of State in the Coal Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city