Coalgate: CVC seeks report from CBI on interference in probe
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has sought a detailed report from the CBI over the Centre`s interference in its investigation into the coal blocks allocation scam.
The CBI has also been asked to submit its latest status report on the case to the Commission, official sources said today, adding the CVC has taken cognizance of reports citing interference in CBI`s probe in the coal blocks allocation case.
The move came after it came to light that certain changes were made in the agency`s draft status report on the case submitted to the Supreme Court. CBI is probing irregularities in allocation of coal mine blocks on the direction of CVC.
The apex court had yesterday rapped the CBI, Prime Minister`s Office and Coal Ministry officials for changing the "heart" of the coal scam probe report.
The CVC, which exercises superintendence over the CBI in matters related to corruption, has expressed unhappiness over the whole issue of interference by a political functionary and government officials in vetting of the agency`s draft status report, the sources said.
"The Commission will soon hold a meeting with CBI Director Ranjit Sinha to take stock of the agency`s probe in the matter," the sources added.
The CBI Director has admitted before the SC that its status report on the coal blocks probe was shared with Law Minister Ashwani Kumar and two joint secretaries, Shatrughna Singh and AK Bhalla, in the PMO and Coal Ministry respectively.
Taking a stern view over the vetting of its draft report, the apex court yesterday said the CBI has become a "caged parrot" speaking in its master`s voice.
CBI has so far registered 11 FIRs in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday