Coalgate: Gadkari sends notice to Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: BJP president Nitin Gadkari has sent a legal notice to Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh threatening to file a defamation case against him.
Gadkari sent the notice after Singh, in interviews to media, described Nagpur businessman Ajay Sancheti, who was allocated a coal block, as the BJP president’s business partner.
The Congress party has claimed that Sancheti, a Rajya Sabha member, was generously allocated a coal mine in Madhya Pradesh because of his closeness to Gadkari. The BJP and Sancheti have refuted the allegations as baseless.
In his legal notice, Gadkari described Singh`s remarks as "completely concocted, defamatory, scandalous and un-parliamentary".
Responding to the notice, Singh said, "I never respond to notices. He (Gadkari) can go to courts.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?