Coalgate: Gadkari sends notice to Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: BJP president Nitin Gadkari has sent a legal notice to Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh threatening to file a defamation case against him.
Gadkari sent the notice after Singh, in interviews to media, described Nagpur businessman Ajay Sancheti, who was allocated a coal block, as the BJP president’s business partner.
The Congress party has claimed that Sancheti, a Rajya Sabha member, was generously allocated a coal mine in Madhya Pradesh because of his closeness to Gadkari. The BJP and Sancheti have refuted the allegations as baseless.
In his legal notice, Gadkari described Singh`s remarks as "completely concocted, defamatory, scandalous and un-parliamentary".
Responding to the notice, Singh said, "I never respond to notices. He (Gadkari) can go to courts.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred