Coalgate: ‘Government should order probe’
New Delhi: The BJP on Saturday said a letter to Team Anna on the coal mining issue is not the need of the hour and the government should order a full-fledged probe into the scam to bring out the truth.
"We feel that just a letter from the PMO to Team Anna on `Coalgate` is not enough. A thorough probe is required. Even when the 2G Spectrum scam took place the PMO and Cabinet Ministers said there was zero loss", BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters.
He maintained that it was the BJP which exposed this scam when its MPs Hansraj Ahir and Prakash Javadekar raised this issue and went to the CVC.
"Only a Preliminary Enquiry has been ordered into the `Coalgate` scam. A simple letter from the PMO will not do. Why is the government afraid of an investigation? It should announce a full-fledged probe into the matter," Hussain said.
Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy wrote to Team Anna on the coal mining issue, insisting that the charges raked up have come from media and are not based on facts.
Narayanasamy has said in his letter that the impression Anna Hazare has about CBI and its functioning is wrong. He also rejected Team Anna`s demand for Special Investigation Team to probe allegations of corruption levelled by them. The PMO rejected the demand for setting up special fast-track courts for trying MPs accused of corruption.
"The country wants to know why the government is shying away from a probe," Hussain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi