Coalgate: ‘Government should order probe’
New Delhi: The BJP on Saturday said a letter to Team Anna on the coal mining issue is not the need of the hour and the government should order a full-fledged probe into the scam to bring out the truth.
"We feel that just a letter from the PMO to Team Anna on `Coalgate` is not enough. A thorough probe is required. Even when the 2G Spectrum scam took place the PMO and Cabinet Ministers said there was zero loss", BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters.
He maintained that it was the BJP which exposed this scam when its MPs Hansraj Ahir and Prakash Javadekar raised this issue and went to the CVC.
"Only a Preliminary Enquiry has been ordered into the `Coalgate` scam. A simple letter from the PMO will not do. Why is the government afraid of an investigation? It should announce a full-fledged probe into the matter," Hussain said.
Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy wrote to Team Anna on the coal mining issue, insisting that the charges raked up have come from media and are not based on facts.
Narayanasamy has said in his letter that the impression Anna Hazare has about CBI and its functioning is wrong. He also rejected Team Anna`s demand for Special Investigation Team to probe allegations of corruption levelled by them. The PMO rejected the demand for setting up special fast-track courts for trying MPs accused of corruption.
"The country wants to know why the government is shying away from a probe," Hussain said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'