Coalgate: I have doubts about PM’s role, says Anna
Noida: Rejecting Congress President Sonia Gandhi`s defence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Anna Hazare on Monday said suspected whether Singh is clean after going through CAG report on coal allocation and the file prepared by his team.
"I have seen the papers, I have suspicion, I have doubts. I had always thought that he was a clean Prime Minister but after reading the files... There is something wrong," Hazare told reporters.
He also took exception to Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi allegation that it was part of the conspiracy to level "baseless" allegations against the Prime Minister, the UPA government and the Congress.
"This is baseless, we will send the files prepared by our team to her with all proofs, then she will understand her allegations were baseless," Hazare said.
The Congress President today made a scathing attack on the opposition and civil society for levelling "baseless" allegations against the Prime Minister and the party, saying it was part of a conspiracy.
Hazare has on June 1 had said that he "does not have faith" in him and demanded an independent probe into coal bloc allocations made by him as minister in charge of coal.
His team also had stepped up attack on the Prime Minister alleging that the CBI probe into coal bloc allocations and alleged misuse was meant to give a "clean chit" to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media