Coalgate: IAS, IPS, IFoS bodies rally behind Parakh
New Delhi: The IAS, IPS and IFoS officers` associations have rallied behind former Coal Secretary PC Parakh, who has been named by CBI in the coal blocks allocation scam, and said they were agitated over the naming of any honest officer for doing his job.
"If somebody is corrupt, hang him at the lamp post. But the honest must be protected," IAS officers` Association secretary Sanjay R Bhoos Reddy told.
He said CBI`s decision to make Parakh an accused in coal blocks case may discourage honest officers from taking decisions.
The IAS Officers` Association will hold a meeting tomorrow to discuss the case and decide on ways to avoid "harassment of honest officers" during service and post retirement.
Disapproving of CBI`s action against Parakh, IPS Officers` Association suggested a provision of compensation for a retired bureaucrat who is named in a case and later found not guilty by a court or any such competent authority.
"An FIR is based on prima facie evidence. Then there are searches, seizures and recording of statements, etc. Then only you come to a solid conclusion," Association`s Secretary Pankaj Kumar Singh said.
He said investigating agencies must circumscribe themselves. "In case a case is not made out, then the retired public servant must be given damage," Singh told.
"There may be genuine cases and there may be a wild goose chase. But an honest officer must not be harassed", said Singh who is working as Inspector General in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
The Indian Forest Service (IFoS) Officers` Association said it stands by honest bureaucrats.
"We stand by honest bureaucrats in service or those who have retired. This is something ridiculous (CBI`s action)," IFoS association President A R Chadha told.
I have worked with him (Parakh). He is a man of high integrity, Chadha said.
There are about 10,500 officials of the three services, around 4,500 IAS officers 3,300 IPS and 2,700 IFoS, working across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'