Coalgate: Khurshid rejects probe against DMK minister
New Delhi: Law Minister Salman Khurshid on Friday rejected a demand for initiating probe against a Union minister, belonging to DMK, reportedly involved in a company which has been allocated a coal block.
"Somebody must come with allegation that require investigation...Somebody must say that this is what has caused under undue influence," he told reporters outside Parliament.
Noting that allegations have been levelled against various people including some media houses about their involvement in coal block allocation, he said, "somebody should substantiate specific charge that there was undue influence...We can then answer".
The minister`s comments came in the wake of reports suggesting Union Minister of State for I&B S Jagathrakshakan`s involvement in a company that was awarded a coal block in 2007 despite the fact that it had no track record in the sector.
Khurshid said that while levelling allegations, whistle blowers must say the screening committee on coal block allocation was not allowed to do thing objectively and only then can "we admit (it) if we need a further enquiry."
"...Somebody should say this was predetermined and the screening committee just came and stamped it. Somebody must make allegation of that nature, take responsibility for it, substantiate with evidence," he said.
Khurshid said Ministers in the UPA government will travel to various states from tomorrow to September 15 to present the "true picture" about the coal block allocations and "expose the lies of BJP".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal