Coalgate: NDA divided over PM`s resignation
New Delhi: JD(U) appeared to have broken ranks with NDA over the strategy of protest against Government on the CAG report by expressing reservations against disrupting Parliament and showing its readiness for a debate, which the BJP does not seem to be willing for.
A senior JD(U) leader said that though his party will go with the decision taken by BJP in this regard for a day or two for the sake of "NDA unity", it feels the latter`s insistence on stalling Parliament till Prime Minister Manmohan Singh resigns will not sustain as other parties are not inclined to adopt this line.
Sources said that party chief Sharad Yadav had in the NDA meeting yesterday told the BJP leaders that there was no point in boycotting Parliament business on the issue unless all other Opposition parties join hands on it.
After Yadav`s aggressive arguments, a decision was taken in the NDA that the alliance leaders will talk to various non-Congress political parties to guage their mood on the issue.
Yadav talked to leaders of CPI-M, CPI, TDP, SP and BSP who, he said, favoured discussions instead of disruptions.
"The boycot could have been successful if all parties agreed to it but since they are not, we should not go for it. This will not reflect a united Opposition while the message of Opposition unity can be given if there is unanimity on discussions within the Hosue," said a senior leader.
In the Lok Sabha, JD-U member Rajiv Ranjan Singh initiated a special discussion on flood and drought situation even as members BJP were in the Well shouting slogans against the Prime Minister.
Speaking outside Parliament, another party MP Sabir Ali said, "it is good if discussions are held in Parliament over the CAG reports". However, Ali hastened to add, "But we will go with the final decision of NDA on the issue as we are ally."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof