Coalgate: Sahai not asked to quit by PM, says his office
New Delhi: Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahai on Thursday refuted a media report that he had been asked by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to resign, saying it was "far from reality".
In a statement, Sahai`s office said the media report was based on "non-existing facts" and was a case of "irresponsible" reporting.
This is "far from reality", the statement said, while referring to the media report which suggested that Sahai had been asked by the Prime Minister to resign in the wake of his name appearing in the context of having recommended allocation of two coal blocks to a company in which his brother is an "honorary Director".
Sahai`s office issued the statement after "verifying the facts with all those concerned people and office".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself