Coalgate scam: BJP demands Law Minister`s resignation; Let truth be out, says CPM
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday demanded Law Minister Ashwini Kumar`s resignation over allegations of interference in CBI`s probe into coal blocks issue while the Left pressed the government to come out with the truth in the matter.
"Ashwini Kumar, who as a minister tried to interfere in the dispensation of justice and also interfered in the course of investigation, must wither resign or should be sacked by the Prime Minister," party leader Balbir Punj told reporters here.
He demanded that an SIT be constituted directly under the Supreme Court to investigate the "massive scam where the needle of suspicion points out even to the Prime Minister".
According to reports, Law Minister had summoned CBI Chief following which the agency`s status report on the probe in coal scam was changed after the meeting.
"The government has absolutely no qualms in pressuring the CBI so that the accused persons go scot free... In order to sabotage the dispensation of justice," Punj said.
CPI(M) demanded that "government must come out with what actually transpired and who are the persons involved in the matter".
Appropriate action should be taken against those involved in the charges of interfering with the course of justice, the party said in a statement.
It said the latest instance of the government misuse of the CBI reinforces the case for "strengthening CBI`s autonomy and the need for parliamentary oversight."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside