Coalgate scam: BJP demands Law Minister`s resignation; Let truth be out, says CPM
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday demanded Law Minister Ashwini Kumar`s resignation over allegations of interference in CBI`s probe into coal blocks issue while the Left pressed the government to come out with the truth in the matter.
"Ashwini Kumar, who as a minister tried to interfere in the dispensation of justice and also interfered in the course of investigation, must wither resign or should be sacked by the Prime Minister," party leader Balbir Punj told reporters here.
He demanded that an SIT be constituted directly under the Supreme Court to investigate the "massive scam where the needle of suspicion points out even to the Prime Minister".
According to reports, Law Minister had summoned CBI Chief following which the agency`s status report on the probe in coal scam was changed after the meeting.
"The government has absolutely no qualms in pressuring the CBI so that the accused persons go scot free... In order to sabotage the dispensation of justice," Punj said.
CPI(M) demanded that "government must come out with what actually transpired and who are the persons involved in the matter".
Appropriate action should be taken against those involved in the charges of interfering with the course of justice, the party said in a statement.
It said the latest instance of the government misuse of the CBI reinforces the case for "strengthening CBI`s autonomy and the need for parliamentary oversight."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown