Coalgate scam: BJP demands Law Minister`s resignation; Let truth be out, says CPM
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday demanded Law Minister Ashwini Kumar`s resignation over allegations of interference in CBI`s probe into coal blocks issue while the Left pressed the government to come out with the truth in the matter.
"Ashwini Kumar, who as a minister tried to interfere in the dispensation of justice and also interfered in the course of investigation, must wither resign or should be sacked by the Prime Minister," party leader Balbir Punj told reporters here.
He demanded that an SIT be constituted directly under the Supreme Court to investigate the "massive scam where the needle of suspicion points out even to the Prime Minister".
According to reports, Law Minister had summoned CBI Chief following which the agency`s status report on the probe in coal scam was changed after the meeting.
"The government has absolutely no qualms in pressuring the CBI so that the accused persons go scot free... In order to sabotage the dispensation of justice," Punj said.
CPI(M) demanded that "government must come out with what actually transpired and who are the persons involved in the matter".
Appropriate action should be taken against those involved in the charges of interfering with the course of justice, the party said in a statement.
It said the latest instance of the government misuse of the CBI reinforces the case for "strengthening CBI`s autonomy and the need for parliamentary oversight."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why